Hey Mama, so Halloween is around the corner, and it's time to fill your shelves with some Cute Halloween Books for your toddler. I hand-picked the best non-scary and developmental Halloween Books for your little one! If you're looking to get into the Halloween Spirit and have some laughs then you're in the right place. Well, let's get into the Top 10 Halloween Children Books for Toddlers 1-3 years old.
Benefits of reading to your Toddler?
Before we jump into the article. I think it's important to know the benefits of reading
to your toddler.
Reading helps your child's development in many ways. Reading stories will help your child get familiar with sounds, words, language, print and eventually build early literacy skills. Finally reading will stimulate your child's imagination and helps your child learn about the world.
This content contains affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Top 10 Halloween Children Books for Toddlers 1-3 years old
1. One, Two...Boo! - Kristen L. Depken - Carve out family time for this Halloween read - the littlest trick-or-treaters can lift the flaps to count their way through a spooky old house but they had better be prepared for a few surprises!
2. Room on the Broom - Julia Donaldson - This paperback book is a fun family read-aloud and is the perfect way to start Halloween celebrations. A sweet story of quick wits, friendship, and inclusivity from the creators of The Gruffalo!
3. The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything - Linda D. Williams - Children Ages 2 and Up. This hardcover book is a classic and fun Halloween read-aloud story! Once upon a time, there was a little old lady who was not afraid of anything! But one autumn night, while walking in the woods, the little old lady heard . . . clomp, clomp, shake, shake, clap, clap.
4. Little Boo - Stephen Wunderli - Children Ages 2 and Up. This simple story is more than a fun Halloween read―Little Boo is a heartwarming tale perfect for any child who can't wait to grow up. The leaves fall, the wind blows, and one little pumpkin seed tries and tries to be scary. But he doesn't scare anyone
5. Ghost Afraid of the Dark - Sara Conway - Follow Boo the Ghost as he celebrates his first Halloween with all his Monster friends! He is a shy little ghost and quickly realizes he is afraid of many things.
6. The Spooky Wheels on the Bus - J. Elizabeth Mills - The Spooky Wheels on the bus is a humorous Halloween-themed version of the classic song The Wheels on the bus with a few ghoulish tricks and treats up its sleeves!
7. The Roll-Away Pumpkin - Junia Wonders - A short and simple story, The Roll-Away Pumpkin is a perfect read-aloud for families and educators of young children, while its highlighted keywords, repetitive language, and predictive nature make it ideal for beginner readers.
8. We're Going on a Pumpkin Hunt - Goldie Hawk - In this delightful twist on a popular folk song, three trick-or-treaters go on a spooky adventure to find a pumpkin! We're going on a pumpkin hunt. We're going to find a big one. What a beautiful night! We're not scared.
9. Franklin's Halloween Paperback – Paulette Bourgeois - Franklin and his friends are excited about the Halloween party. But things get scary when Franklin begins to think that there might be a real ghost at the party.
10. Don't Push the Button! - Bill Cotter - From the brilliant mind of author and illustrator, Bill Cotter comes one of the year's best Halloween books for kids. Everyone knows that trick-or-treating is the best part of Halloween. But that one house looks kind of scary...wait, why are you walking toward the creepy house? Whatever you do, do NOT ring that doorbell!
I hope you enjoyed the Top 10 Halloween Children Books for Toddlers 1-3 years old! Let me know in the comments if this post helped you find some great Halloween Books for you and your little one. Do you have any favorite Halloween Books from your childhood? I do! Mine was Franklin's Halloween. If you haven't already, I created some fun Halloween Theme Printables. Be sure to check them out!