Hey Mama, so Halloween is around the corner, and it's time to fill your shelves with some Cute Halloween Board Books for your Baby (0-1 year). I hand-picked the best non-scary and developmental Halloween Books for your little one! If you're looking to get into the Halloween Spirit and have some laughs then you're in the right place. Well, let's get into the My Top 10 Halloween Board Books for Baby ages 0-1-year-old.
Benefits of reading to your Baby?
Before we jump into the article. I think it's important to know the benefits of reading
to your baby.
Reading provides an opportunity for you and your baby to connect. It allows your baby to hear you using many different emotions & expressive sounds. Reading improves language skills by copying sounds, recognizing pictures, & learning words.
This content contains affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Top 10 Halloween Board Books for Baby (0-1 year)
1. Little Blue Truck's Halloween - Alice Schertle - Celebrate Halloween with the #1 New York Times bestselling Little Blue Truck and friends! Beep! Beep! It’s Halloween! Little Blue Truck is picking up his animal friends for a costume party. Lift the flaps in this large, sturdy board book to find out who’s dressed up in each costume! Will Blue wear a costume too?
2. Spooky, Spooky, Little Bat - Rosa Von Feder - Follow along with the spooky, little bat as he flies through the night sky! He soars above the pumpkin patch, through the trees, and past the stars, making friends along the way. Play along with this "spooky" story and adorable little bat plush finger puppet toy built into the book, encouraging interactive play, hand-eye coordination, and sensory & language development.
3. You're My Little Pumpkin Pie - Natalie Marshall - You’re My Little Pumpkin Pie is an adorable board book to share with your little one. With chunky pages for little hands and die-cut shapes to add depth and interest, children will love the interactive features alongside the story. This endearing board book is a wonderful read for Halloween or any time.
4. Trick Or Treat Little Pumpkin - Rosa Von Feder - Play along with this festive Halloween story and pumpkin puppet! This Trick-or-Treat story features a soft plush finger puppet toy built into the book, encouraging interactive play, hand-eye coordination, and sensory & language development.
5. Spooky Pookie - Sandra Boynton - What will little Pookie decide to be for Halloween this year? Pookie tries on costumes one by one but somehow can’t find the right thing. The resolution to Pookie’s dilemma will delight toddlers and their caregivers alike. Told with Sandra Boynton’s charm and pizzazz, Spooky Pookie is a Halloween classic.
6. Ten Little Jack O Lanterns - Amanda Sobotka - Count along with Ten Little Jack-O'-Lanterns and watch as the little Halloween pumpkins disappear! Count down from ten with tactile pumpkin buttons that will engage your child and help teach them how to count. Make reading and counting fun for everyone! Babies and toddlers will love the colorful built-in pumpkin counting toys.
7. Duck & Goose, Find a Pumpkin - Tad Hills- New York Times bestselling author and illustrator Tad Hills brings our favorite feathered friends out to find a big, beautiful pumpkin in this sturdy, large-sized board book. Duck & Goose look everywhere for a pumpkin--in the apple tree, in the leaf pile, inside a hollow log.... Where will they find one?
8. The Itsy Bitsy Pumpkin - Sonali Fry - A little pumpkin is trying to find his way back home! And with a little help from a friendly witch, he is soon safe and sound, back on his porch—where there are no spiders to be seen!
9. My Baby Loves Halloween - Jabari Asim and Tara Nicole Whitaker - Celebrate all the sweet things that Baby discovers about Halloween. Baby discovers the crisp autumn air, candles in pumpkins, and candy.
10. Five Silly Ghosts - Clarion Books and Hilli Kushnir - A playful peek-a-boo cover reveals five glittery ghosts for preschoolers to count in every silly scene of this board book. Five silly ghosts floating by a gate. The first one said, “Oh my, it’s getting late.”
Final Thoughts On Top 10 Halloween Board Books for Baby 0-1 yrs
I hope you enjoyed My Top 10 Halloween Board Books for Baby Ages 0-1 years old! Let me know in the comments if this post helped you find some great Halloween Books for you and your little one. Do you have any happy childhood memory of Halloween? I do! Mine was going through the dress-up box and picking out my Halloween Custome and carving my own pumpkin while my siblings were carving out their own.