Hey Mama, so Christmas is around the corner, and it's time to fill your shelves with some super cute Christmas Books for your toddler. I hand-picked the cutest and most board and hardcover books for your child!
Lift-the-flap books are perfect for 1 year old and up
Lift-the-flap books can be fun for toddlers and young children of various ages but the age group which really, really loves these books is 1-3-year-olds.
One of the reasons why these types of books are developmentally appropriate for toddlers one they are working on their fine motor skills when lifting up the flap and second is the cause-and-effect learning aspect.
When the child uses their hand to lift the flap in the book and underneath it, discovers something that wasn't there.
This content contains affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Best 15 Christmas Books for Toddlers Ages 1 -3 years old
1. Where Is Baby's Christmas Present? - Karen Katz - It's a lift-the-flap board book - Baby is looking everywhere for the Christmas present—but where can it be? Little ones will love lifting the large, sturdy flaps to reveal special, holiday surprises: Christmas cookies, candy canes, ornaments, and more! Babies are sure to love this Christmas treat.
2. Where's Santa Claus? - Ingela Arrhenius - It's a lift-the-flap board book- Five beautifully illustrated spreads show a series of friendly Christmassy creatures hiding behind bright felt flaps. With gold foil on the cover and a mirror on the final page, this is a perfect book to share with tiny ones.
3. Dear Santa - Rod Campbell - It's a lift-the-flap board book- In this delightful tale, Santa is looking for the perfect present to send to a special child. Lift the flaps to reveal a big kite, a bouncy ball, and a mask! But nothing seems quite right...until Christmas Eve, when Santa finds the perfect gift to leave under the tree.
4. Santa's Workshop - Holly Berry-Byrd - It's a lift-the-flap board book- It's time for Christmas Cheer! Come explore the North Pole with your baby or toddler and see inside Santa's workshop. Visit Mrs. Claus's kitchen, with this adorable lift-a-flap board book.
5. Babies Love Christmas - Holly Berry-Byrd - It's a lift-the-flap board book- Introduce your toddler to first Christmas words like a star, elves, stockings, candy canes, and more with this adorable lift-a-flap board book. Simple sentences reinforce future language structure while grasping and lifting the sturdy flaps helps develop fine motor skills. Perfect for stocking stuffers, book exchanges, Christmas gifts, and more!
6. Little Blue Truck's Christmas - Alice Schertle - It's the most beautiful time of the year! Little Blue Truck is spreading cheer by delivering Christmas trees to his animal friends. Can you help count each green tree from one to five and back again? Don’t forget to save one for Blue! Beep! Beep!
7. The Mitten - Jan Brett - Perfect for 3 years and up. In this bestselling modern classic, a young boy’s lost mitten leads to a charming snowy adventure. Jan Brett’s beautiful retelling is a family favorite and the board book edition is the perfect gift for the youngest readers.
8. The Night Before Christmas - Clement Moore - The Night Before Christmas is an enchanting Christmas story that has brought Santa Claus to life for generations. Celebrate the holiday season with this #1 New York Times bestselling edition of the classic poem.
9. Construction Site on Christmas Night - Sherri Duskey Rinker - Created for lovers of Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site, this beautiful holiday picture book shows Excavator, Bulldozer, Crane, Dump Truck, and Cement Mixer building a new home for fire engines. As they finish their big, important job, they get their own Christmas surprises
10. Bear Stays Up for Christmas - Karma Wilson - Celebrate the holidays with Bear and his friends in this sweet picture book from bestselling author Karma Wilson! Bear’s friends are determined to keep Bear awake for Christmas! So they wake Bear up and have him help them find a Christmas tree, bake cakes, hang up stockings, and sing Christmas songs.
11. The Snowy Day - Ezra Jack Keats - In 1962, a little boy named Peter put on his snowsuit and stepped out of his house and into the hearts of millions of readers. Universal in its appeal, this story beautifully depicts a child's wonder at a new world, and the hope of capturing and keeping that wonder forever.
12. How to Catch an Elf - Adam Wallace - From the New York Times and USA Today bestselling How to Catch series comes a hilarious Christmas adventure. It's Christmas Eve and an elf is on the loose… in YOUR house! Do you have what it takes to catch him? Follow along in this fun holiday story as a mischievous elf causes chaos on Christmas Eve!
13. Little Red Sleigh - Erin Guendelsberger - Perfect for 3 years and up - Perfect for A New York Times and USA Today bestseller! The Little Red Sleigh has one big dream―to one day become Santa's big red sleigh! But all her life, she's been told she's too small, she's too young, she can't fly, and she certainly can't meet Santa.
14. Pick a Pine Tree - Patricia Toht - A festive read-aloud brimming with all the joy and excitement of Christmastime. Part of the magic of the Christmas season stems from the traditions that families and friends take part in every year: hanging up stockings; putting lights in the windows; and, one of the most important of all, picking out and taking home the Christmas tree.